Hymn for Ukraine

The Tramshed

This historic city centre complex was not a tramshed as the name implies but a coach house and stabling attached to the old St James’ Hotel, designed and built between 1867-1868.
After the First World War it was adapted as a car park before gradually going out of use, although the workshops continued to be let. By 1924 it had been acquired by C.A Newton as an electrical workshop and motor garage.
An extensive refurbishment of the buildings has recently rejuvenated and revived this location.


Exhibitions & Events

  • Film
Now Closed
17 March 2022