Job Opportunity: FORMAT Social Media Officer
FORMAT Social Media Officer
Reporting to: FORMAT Director and FORMAT Coordinator
Working closely with:
FORMAT PR – Troika Press, QUAD Programme Team, QUAD Marketing and Audience Engagement Team, FORMAT Interns and Volunteers.
To support the FORMAT Team to manage and deliver their international and national social media campaigns and be responsible for social media content and management.
Download Application Form here
Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting and contributing to:
• Promoting FORMAT as a leading biennial of contemporary photography whilst attracting audiences and participants to key events and exhibitions
• Develop, deliver and support a social media marketing strategy, working with festival content, posting marketing content to FORMAT social media platforms
• Manage and plan the content schedule for all social media platforms
• Work in collaboration with FORMAT Director and Coordinator to develop and maintain FORMAT’s online visual identity and ensure the brand is accurately reflected in all campaigns.
• Create strategic growth plans to widen our online audience.
• Create content that is formatted and optimised for each channel including: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
• Deliver key elements of the digital programme including Instagram takeovers and online events.
• Promote FORMAT events and open calls on platforms such as ArtRabbit, Arts Jobs, CVAN, a-n Network.
• Oversee live social media content including live tweeting, Insta/Facebook Live, Insta Stories and IGTV.
• Design and schedule regular engaging content for story formats.
• Support in designing visuals for social media campaigns.
• Produce motion assets such as GIFs, films, and animations that can be used across our social media channels including YouTube.
• Attend FORMAT events to document and create social media content.
• Support the delivery of FORMAT press and festival launches and events as relevant.
• Handle image requests and develop an image library for social media marketing content with all relevant caption, credit and licence information in line with GDPR whilst managing files in a searchable and easy retrievable folder system on google drive.
• Work with Troika Press (FORMAT PR) and QUAD Marketing and Audience Engagement team to share content and marketing schedules.
• To ensure accuracy of information posted on FORMAT social media and respond to all questions, queries and comments posted by audience members.
• Monitoring, collecting and collating FORMAT coverage online and on social media.
• Social media activity reports, including sharing/retweeting of messages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Content provision for marketing report at the end of the festival.
• Work within set budgets
• Ability to work flexibly and be present at key festival events on evenings, weekends and long days as relevant.
• Assist with the marketing of events and activities throughout the festival, including but not limited to the Portfolio Reviews, Book Market and Festival Conference
Freelance Contract – 8 hours per week with more hours required around key festival events.
Contract Period – January 2022 – May 2023. Continuation of role after May 2023 to be discussed at end of contract.
Rate of Pay – £19,000 pro rata
Location – remote working but must be able to get to QUAD, Derby for events and festival activity where needed.